Crape Myrtle Care & Lawn Pest Control
If you’re concerned because your crape myrtle trees seem diseased, you’ve come to the right place. Good Life Pest Solutions has the answer for what’s ailing your tree. Call (916) 481-0268 or schedule pest control service now. We serve Sacramento and the surrounding area with our commercial, termite, and home inspections.
What’s Really Going on with Crape Myrtle
If your crape myrtle trees have started dripping what looks like sap everywhere and you’ve noticed some of the leaves are turning black, it’s not a bacteria or virus that’s causing the problem. It’s actually the crape myrtle aphid (Tinocallis kahawaluokalani) that’s the cause.
- This tiny insect is only 1/16 to 1/18 of an inch long, probably too small to see.
- Aphids use their sharp mouths to cut into leaves and suck the sap out of them.
- As they feed, their bodies excrete honeydew, a sticky, sugary substance that looks like sap but isn’t.
- This excrement coats the trees and everything else around it like cars, sidewalks, decks, and so on. It makes a terrible mess.
- Excreted honeydew, unfortunately, is exactly the treat that ants like, so it attracts them by the droves, adding to the mess.
- The tree is then weakened by the aphid’s constant feeding. Its leaves may become vulnerable to a fungus called sooty mold and/or they may turn yellow and die early.
The Solution to the Crape Myrtle Aphid Problem
Since this is a bug problem, you need a bug exterminator from our pest control company to take care of it. Good Life Pest Solutions has decades of experience in dealing with pests and the messes they make. Keep in mind that Good Life is also experienced in treating many other pest issues both inside and out including ants, bed bugs, birds, cockroaches, rodents, spiders, and termites. Here’s our strategy:
- We will identify the scope of current crape myrtle aphid activity.
- We will eliminate the insects with a spray and add a treatment for your lawn that includes fertilization services and weed control.
- We will also deal with the ants and any other secondary pests that have been attracted.
Our Pest Control Pros Are Ready To Help
Why Choose Us
We think you’ll agree: we offer many reasons for you to choose us as your inspection company.
- We are the largest termite inspection and home inspection company in the area with the capacity to meet tight realty deadlines.
- We offer all the most requested inspections and perform all of the services at one appointment. One call does it all.
- Realtors love to work with us because we are also experts in home building and construction, so we offer free dry rot repair competitive bids.
- All work is done in-house. No subcontracting.
- Our staff includes professional licensed and certified InterNACHI® Master Inspectors, certified InterNACHI® Inspectors, and ASHI inspectors.
- Detailed, narrative reports with pictures and summary report.
- We offer 90-day home warranties with a Buy Your Home Back guarantee.
- RecallChek© on all appliances inspected.
- Family-owned and -operated since 1978.
- Veterans receive a free termite inspection when scheduling a home inspection.
- Weekend appointments available for all inspection services at no extra charge.
Don’t let a tiny aphid make a sticky mess of your yard. Good Life Pest Solutions will take care of the pest with our crape myrtle care protocol. Call (916) 481-0268 or schedule pest control service now. We serve Sacramento and the surrounding areas including Fairfield, Vacaville, Auburn, Rocklin, and West Sacramento.