Rodent Control & Extermination
Mice look cute in a children’s book, but when you see one in your home or business, it’s a different story altogether. Call Good Life Pest Solutions for a rodent exterminator to take care of this disease-carrying pest at (916) 481-0268 or schedule pest control service now. We serve Sacramento and the surrounding areas with our commercial and home inspection services.
Our Pest Control Pros Are Ready To Help
Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Many homeowners see an uptick in rodent activity with the advent of cold weather in the fall, but they can be a problem any time of year. The following are all signs of a possible infestation:
- Urine odor
- Holes in walls or baseboards
- Chew marks on items like furniture, doors, and frames
- Clawing, scratching, or scrabbling noises
- Audible squeaking or squealing
Rodents Common to Sacramento
We frequently see these types of rodents in the Sacramento area.
- Roof rats. As their name suggests, roof rats commonly find their way into the dry upper levels of a building, including the attic, but they are known to live anywhere. They are omnivores, meaning they are adaptable and can eat anything and everything. If they manage to establish themselves, they can quickly reproduce. In the matter of a few months, their population can expand from three to five times what it started at.
- House mice. House mice are also omnivores, eating anything they can find. They are notorious for chewing wires, doors, plastic, cabinets, and anything else that gets in their way. They require little water, and can remain hidden in dark, confined spaces for long periods. The house mouse is found in both urban and rural homes and businesses and can quickly adapt to new environments.
- Brown rats. Brown rats, which are sometimes referred to as sewer rats, street rats, or common rats, are driven inside by cold weather and found most often in dark basements and attics. The brown rat can reproduce throughout the year, and like other types of rats and mice, they reproduce quickly, with litters of as many as ten pups. These rats tend not to wander and like to stay close to their nest year-round.
- Deer mice. Deer mice like to live in and around houses in both urban and rural locations that have plenty of foliage and vegetation. They move through tiny holes at ground level but are known to climb to upper floors. These mice in particular will tear through insulation, as their nests are quite large and become messy.
Rodent Pest Control
Now that you know what problems you’re facing, rest assured that we have the answer with our rodent control service. Our plan includes inspecting the entire site, making recommendations to fit the situation, and suggesting and choosing control measures to be done by the customer. We also know how to find the entry and harborage points that mice and rats use, and we work to seal them completely. We may use any or all of the following measures:
- Snap trap. This is the oldest type of trap and one of the most effective. They are meant to kill rodents on contact. We are very familiar with how to safely and strategically set snap traps to quickly kill rodents.
- Live-Animal traps. A live-animal trap is meant to trap rodents but not kill them. They must then be released off the property.
- Electronic trap. An electronic trap provides an immediate shock designed to instantly kill the rodent.
Why Choose Us
- Largest termite and home inspection company in the area. Can meet escrow deadlines.
- One call does it all. We perform all your inspections at one appointment.
- Experts in home building and construction. Ask for a free dry rot repair competitive bid.
- All work is done in-house. No subcontracting.
- Our staff includes professional licensed and certified InterNACHI® Master Inspectors, certified InterNACHI® Inspectors, and ASHI inspectors.
- Detailed, narrative reports with pictures and summary report.
- We offer 90-day home warranties with a Buy Your Home Back guarantee.
- RecallChek© on all appliances inspected.
- Family-owned and -operated since 1978.
- Veterans receive a free termite inspection when scheduling a home inspection.
- Weekend appointments available for all inspection services at no extra charge.
Make sure the only rodents in your home are the ones in story books with the rodent control measures from Good Life Pest Solutions. Call (916) 481-0268 or schedule pest control service now. We serve Sacramento and the surrounding areas including Fairfield, Vacaville, Auburn, Rocklin, and West Sacramento.